I love making these simple egg muffin cups for a easy protein packed breakfast. Make a a 1/2 dozen of these for the week and put 2 in ziplocks for a quick grab and go breakfast or snack. Add a little Frank’s Red Hot and BOOM I’m good to go! Substitute your favorite veggies for your favorite flavor combos.
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: 12 servings
6 large eggs
1½ cups nonfat milk
Sea salt (I like Himalayan Pink Salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Non-stick cooking spray I like coconut oil spray
½ medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup diced tomato
1/2 cup chopped spinach
2 oz. low-sodium, nitrite-free lean ham, chopped
2 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Lightly coat a twelve cup muffin tin with spray.
4. Evenly place onion, bell peppers, ham, and cheese into muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg mixture over onion mixture in cups.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of quiche comes out clean.
2 egg cups is 1 Red or 1 protein serving.