Beachbody Performance Line-Hot or Not?
So what’s the scoop on this new product line anyway? If you have been following my blogs or been in my boot camp or clean eating challenge you know I am all about getting my nutrition from the cleanest, healthiest whole foods that I can find. As an athlete or cyclist I am also aware that sometimes It’s just not enough or too difficult to get the extra nutrition needed. This is also important to consider for someone that is trying to lose weight prior to focusing on improving sports performance.
For example while following a a calorie deficit nutrition plan, typical when trying to lose weight for an extended period of time you can deprive your body of much needed nutrients. This makes an important case for the use of supplements and making sure you have the appropriate nutrients added to what you eat each day.
As a cyclist I am always looking for the next best healthy…dope free of course lol, supplement that is clean and free of artificial toxic ingredients that I don’t want to put in my body and that will hinder performance and recovery. Yes, I did say toxic and that’s a topic for another time. Cycling IS a grueling sport and therefore requires that a rider focus on the correct nutrients and fuel to power their engine for peak performance every single time they hop on their saddle and pedal. This is especially true for riders investing energy in a cross training program designed to compliment their on the bike performance.
It is important for every athlete to consider supplementing their daily healthy clean nutrition with a high quality product when participating in a cross training program designed to achieve any goal from weight loss to increased sports performance.
Recently the Beachbody Company (the very same company that creates the most popular fitness programs used in my boot camps) released a line of performance supplements that, quite honestly, shocked me. I am always a skeptic when taking a look a at new products. But one thing I love doing is researching the quality of different products out there and comparing new products to the products I currently use. So I was a little nervous at first and anxious to see if the company that I love and put 100% faith in was able to deliver on the goods. I mean I want to back a company that isn’t just good in some areas but great in all as my reputation is at stake too. But here’s the deal, Beachbody holds no punches, they honestly take performance nutrition to a whole new level that allows me to turn up the volume on my own fitness and the fitness of those I coach. So over the next 5 weeks or so, I am going to break down the science and rationale behind each of the new products in hopes to help you determine which (if any) of the products would benefit a well designed cycling fitness and nutrition program.
Before we dive in and dissect the juicy fun details of each of the 5 new products, I wanted to share some general information about the Beachbody Performance Line for you. If you are a geek like me and want to hear from the formulator of this great product line, there is a 45 min long webinar available for you. I can give you the link if you would like to listen to that.
A few solid reasons why I have decided to incorporate the Beachbody Performance Line into my performance nutrition program:
- The new performance line was designed by Harvard trained scientists who combined the latest cutting-edge physiology and nutrition science with the most effective performance-boosting ingredients from nature. The scientists relied not only on peer-reviewed research but also athlete input. This is a HUGE! I like to know that these products were tested and feedback provided from solid athletes that saw and felt improved performance benefits!
- The review board included Beachbody’s Scientific Advisory Board and top international experts in sports nutrition, research and safety. While I trust the products created by Beachbody, it makes me even more confident that they sought outside consultation and review to ensure the product had unbiased feedback.
- The key ingredients in each of the formulas have been tested and proven to help enhance performance and recovery. Too many shakes and supplements on the market today making over outrageous claims that don’t deliver, I am confident knowing that Beachbody invested in the testing of the products before releasing them based on the scientific research .
- The formulas target different needs from increasing energy before a workout to helping reduce muscle soreness after a workout. As someone who trains early morning I needs to be able to amp up from a groggy state to crush a workout or training ride and recover quickly to carry on with my busy day!
- The formulas do not contain any artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners or preservatives. HUUUUUUGE!!!!!! This is a deal breaker game changer for me!!! Who fuels a Ferrari with cheap gas?!?!? Your system was designed to work optimally with the top healthiest natural ingredients not chemically altered flavors colors and sweeteners!
- The formulas do no contain ANY high-risk or unproven ingredients. OMG-Again this follows my previous point. No brainer for me.
- It’s NSF Approved so safe for college and professional athletes to use.
Click Image to try Sample Pack Here:
So wow, looks like the Beachbody Performance Line meets my specs and I am super excited about that!!! But the real question is who exactly are these supplements for? Believe it or not they have been designed to benefit anyone from the fitness beginner to high end athlete. The system is so well designed that someone who is overwhelmed by all of the product choices on the market can find recommendations from a website designed just to help with product selection! Of course you can always contact me if you need some direction.
The new Beachbody Performance Line is solid people!
With all the choices out there I am super pumped to be able to provide this amazing nutrition solution to my peeps.
I want to try this do you have a sampler pack? YES!!!
To Summarize: The system consists of FIVE powder drinks that are formulated with key ingredients scientifically shown to be effective:
|1.||Beachbody Energize Pre-Workout||Improves intense exercise performance, increases energy and endurance, and sharpens focus and reaction time.|
|2.||Beachbody Hydrate During-Workout||Supports hydration during exercise, replaces electrolytes lost during exercise, fuels working muscles, and improves endurance.|
|3.||Beachbody Recover Post-Workout||Speeds muscle recovery, promotes lean muscle synthesis, combats exercise-induced muscle soreness, and improves muscle strength recovery.|
|4.||Beachbody Recharge Nighttime||Supports overnight muscle recovery, improves overnight adaptation to exercise, promotes lean muscle synthesis, and reduces muscle breakdown.|
|5.||Beachbody Creatine||This add-on has no flavor and mixes well with the Recover Post-Workout formula to improve high intensity exercise performance, increase muscle strength and power, and enhance the effects of resistance training.|
If you would be interested in a 45 minutes detailed video on the product development or would like a free email consult to determine which Performance Line products would benefit your fitness and cycling program, please CONTACT ME!